Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Post #1


My name is Dallas Myers. I graduated from South Salem High School in 1998, from Chemeketa Community College with my A.A. in 2000, and Western Oregon University with my B.A. in English in 2003. After college, I decided to pursue management at Costco Wholesale (a company I had already worked at for 5 years through college). I decided to return to pursue my M.A.T. after working with the High School theater program at McKay for the last two years. I am seeking endorsements in High School / Middle School Language Arts and Theater.

I have been acting professionally for the last 3 years with Bag & Baggage Productions in Hillsboro. I helped them launch their company with a touring production of The Complete History of America (abridged) and have since held roles in Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream, Comedy of Errors and Romeo and Juliet. I've also played a reindeer in The Eight: The Reindeer Monologues, a black comedy about Christmas. I love acting and since I minored in Theater in college, it has been great getting back onto the stage and even better getting paid for it.

I really enjoy playing frisbee golf. My friends and I have played a few courses on our travels, including La Mirada (one of the best courses in the country); and, although I enjoy playing, I'm not an under par thrower yet. I also really enjoy watching movies, I have an extensive collection of movies and stuff at home and enjoy both the film itself and really enjoy watching well made movies...I think that film is one of the great art forms of our generation. And with emerging media, it's becoming easier and easier for younger children to get a hold of creating some wonderful piences of art. I also am an amateur photographer, having shot only one wedding and one senior photo session, I still consider myself amateur.

Beyond all that, if there happens to be free time, I enjoy reading, and...oh yeah, I'm a Mac!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great introduction. I've had fun watching frisbee golf down by Judson MS with my grand kids!

    ReplyDelete